Thursday, August 30, 2012

Silent Debate

Who are you? How old are you in 1787?        I am Robert Yates. I was 49.

Are you a federalist or not?        I'm an Anti-Federalist.

What is your personal history up to 1787?       My job was to be a surveyor and in 1777, I was appointed to the New York supreme court.

What was your role in the Convention?        Along with John Lansing Jr., I helped represent New York.

What stated views would explain your actions during the Convention?     I was the most vocal delegate in support of individual liberties and highly supported the Bill of Rights.

What is your stance during the ratifying conventions?     My stance is to support individual liberties

What are your views on the new plan of government?     I think the Judiciary and Legislative branches will end up destroying themselves. Congress has way too much power, especially over the states.

No comments:

Post a Comment